CESR Application Guidance: Plastic Surgery
If you fail to include any of the following you will be unlikely to make a successful CESR application in Plastic Surgery.
When applying please also see the SSG, JCST ‘guidance for applicants’ and the Plastic Surgery curriculum.
- The intercollegiate FRCS.
Skills and experience
- provide logbook and consolidation sheets set out in the eLogbook format
- minimum of 2100 cases in logbooks
- fulfill indicative numbers for Plastic Surgery
- provide WPBAs. It is very important that your WPBAs are as meaningful as possible and therefore they should show evidence of feedback and guidance. They should include comments from your assessors and, where appropriate, demonstrate reflection by you. Block entries of ‘satisfactory’ are not acceptable
Papers and Presentations
- provide evidence of research (please refer to the Plastic Surgery SSG)
- training the trainers
- up to date ATLS
- provide evidence of audit (please refer to the Plastic Surgery SSG)
- An applicant must provide 6 references, one of which is from their current clinical director
 As this is the equivalence route then it is possible that you can demonstrate this in other ways. The specialty specific guidance on the GMC’s and the JCST’s website give details. It is however, highly unlikely, that any combination of evidence other than the intercollegiate examination will show exact equivalence.