Training Interface Groups
Advanced special interest training is available in interface posts, which combine curricular elements of at least two specialties. Although special interest training does not lead to the award of a CCT, CESR (CP) or CCST (Irish trainees), the parent Specialty Advisory Committees (SAC) have jointly recognised several national advanced training posts for training. Any pre-certification trainee in the latter years of a surgical training programme in one of the related SAC-defined specialties can apply for an Advanced Training Post. The recruitment rounds for the Training Interface Groups is be administered by Severn Postgraduate Medical Education.
There are five Training Interface Groups (TIGs) administered by the JCST, listed below with their parent specialties:
- Cleft Lip & Palate Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Otolaryngology and Plastic Surgery
- Hand Surgery - Plastic Surgery and Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery
- Head & Neck Surgical Oncology - Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Otolaryngology and Plastic Surgery
- Oncoplastic Breast Surgery - General Surgery and Plastic Surgery
- Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Otolaryngology, Plastic Surgery, General Surgery (Breast) and Ocular-Plastic Surgery (this falls under Ophthalmology)
In 2015/16 the TIGs went through a review and the final report, approved by the JCST and Joint Surgical Colleges Meeting.
For further information, please contact the JCST by email at email@example.com or 020 7869 6244.
For all recruitment enquiries, once the recruitment process has commenced, please contact Leann King firstname.lastname@example.org.