Training Interface Groups
Advanced special interest training is available in interface posts, which combine curricular elements of at least two specialties. Although special interest training does not lead to the award of a CCT or CSD, the parent Specialty Advisory Committees (SAC) have jointly recognised several national advanced training posts for training. Any trainee with a national training number, who is within the latter years of surgical training and in one of the related SAC defined specialties, can apply for an Advanced Training Post. The recruitment rounds for most of the Training Interface Groups will be administered by the lead postgraduate deanery; the Severn Deanery.
There are five Training Interface Groups (TIGs) administered by the JCST, listed below with their parent specialties:
- Breast Oncoplastic Surgery - General Surgery and Plastic Surgery;
- Cleft, Lip, and Palate Surgery - Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Otolaryngology, and Plastic Surgery;
- Cosmetic Reconstructive Surgery - Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Otolaryngology, Plastic Surgery, General Surgery (Breast) and Ocular-Plastic Surgery (this falls under Ophthalmology);
- Hand Surgery - Plastic Surgery and Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery;
- Head and Neck Surgical Oncology - Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Otolaryngology, and Plastic Surgery.
For further information, please contact the JCST by email at email@example.com or
Specialty Manager for Breast Oncoplastic Surgery, Cleft, Lip and Palate Surgery, Cosmetic Reconstructive Surgery and Head and Neck Surgical Oncology on 020 7869 6244
Specialty Manager for Hand Surgery on 020 7869 6242
For further information about the Lead Deanery, please visit the Severn Deanery’s website at www.severndeanery.nhs.uk/. For all recruitment enquiries, once the recruitment process has commenced, please contact Leann King: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page last updated: 29 January 2013